Grilled Salmon, Fregola, Rapini, and Roasted Carrots with a Cucumber, Caper & Cured Tomato Condiment
This week on Dinner with Akshay, Chef Akshay is testing our cooking skills with this delicious Grilled Salmon, Fregola, Rapini, and Roasted Carrots recipe. Top it off with a Cucumber, Caper & Cured Tomato Condiment, to add even more flavour. Scroll down for the tasty recipe and if you have any questions or feedback, visit our Facebook or Instagram pages to leave a comment.
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 60 minutes | Serves: 4
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 bag of fregola
1 red onion (finely diced)
1/2 carrot (finely diced)
2 pieces of garlic (sliced)
1 red pepper (finely diced)
4 tablespoons of tomato sugo
2 cubes of butter
1 teaspoon of bomba
4 pieces of salmon (6oz each piece)
1 bunch of rapini (blanched and drained)
8 carrots (roasted with olive oil, salt & pepper)
Cucumber, Caper & Cured Tomato Condiment
1/2 cucumber (finely diced)
2 tablespoons of capers (washed, drained, and finely chopped)
2 tablespoons of cured tomato (finely diced)
10 basil leaves (chiffonade)
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 piece of garlic (finely diced)
HOW TO PREPARE (FIND A STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO DEMONSTRATION ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS):
- 1. Boil the fregola, drain it, and let it cool down.
- 2. Sautee onions, garlic, red peppers, carrots with a pinch of salt. Let it cool down.
- 3. Mix the fregola and sauteed vegetables together and warm it up before serving with tomato sugo, butter, and bomba.
- 4. Mix all of the Cucumber, Caper & Cured Tomato Condiment ingredients together in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Season and set aside.
- 5. While the other items are cooking, take the salmon and spread a small amount of extra virgin olive oil on all four sides. Season it with salt and pepper.
- 6. On a hot grill, sprayed with pam stray, grill mark both sides of the salmon.
- 7. Finish the salmon in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 to 9 minutes.
- 8. After taking the salmon out of the oven, let it rest and squeeze with lemon and serve.