This week on Dinner with Akshay, Chef Akshay teaches us how to make pickled beetroots, which will help add some colour to your dinner table. Use these vibrant vegetables in a salad or enjoy as a snack as this pickled beetroots recipe yields a tangy yet sweet flavour. Scroll down for the full recipe and if you have any questions or feedback, visit our Facebook or Instagram posts (@onekingwest) to leave a comment.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
2 ltrs. of water
1 ltr. of white vinegar
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of salt
2 pieces of cinnamon sticks
1 tbs. of coriander seeds
1 tbs. of mustard seeds
1 tbs. of red peppercorn
1 tbs. of dill seeds
10 – 15 pieces of baby beets
HOW TO PREPARE (FIND A STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO DEMONSTRATION HERE):
- 1. Combine all the liquids in a pot and add salt, sugar, and bring to a boil.
- 2. Take the liquid into a Cambro and add the spices and let cool down.
- 3. Place baby beets into a pot with cold water and boil for 20 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 4. Peel the beets and let cool down.
- 5. Add the beets into the brine and let sit for 7 days.
- 6. Transfer into a sterilized mason jar and seal properly.
- 7. Stole in a cool dry place.