Cauliflower & Zucchini Frittelle with Parmigiano Fondue
This week, One King West’s Executive Chef Akshay Shastry is sharing a delicious dish perfect for a light mid-day snack or appetizer before your dinner… Cauliflower & Zucchini Frittelle with Parmigiano Fondue. Scroll down for the full recipe and if you have any questions or feedback, visit the Facebook or Instagram posts (@onekingwest) to leave a comment! #StayHomeWithOneKingWest
Serves 2-4 | Prep Time: 20 Mins | Total Time: 35 Mins
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
For the Frittelle:
6 stalks Italian flat parsley
100 grams all-purpose flour
40 grams cornstarch
1 pinch baking powder
Salt to taste
4 eggs (whole)
200ml 2% milk
1 pinch dehydrated oregano
1 pinch dehydrated parsley
50 grams grated Grana Padano
1 head cauliflower, cut into medium-size florets
1 zucchini, grated
For the Parmigiano Fondue:
100ml 2% milk
60 grams grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Salt to taste
HOW TO PREPARE:
- 1. Wash, dry and finely chop Italian Parsley
- 2. Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, Italian parsley, dehydrated parsley and dehydrated oregano into a mixing bowl. Combine salt and mix well.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and 2% milk, and gradually add the dry ingredients to get batter-like consistency.
- 4. Add grated Grana Padano and set aside. Adjust the consistency with a little milk if required.
- 5. Grate the zucchini and tie in a cheese cloth and squeeze as much water out.
- 6. Dip the cauliflower florets in batter, ensure they are coated all the way and deep fry till golden brown.
- 7. Mix grated zucchini in the batter and deep fry with the help of a small scoop to golden brown.
- 8. For the fondue, boil the milk and set aside.
- 9. When warm, slowly add Reggiano and adjust salt as needed, and set aside until room temperature.
- 10. Serve and enjoy!
Top Tip: Garnish with grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano and fresh Italian Parsley for some colour.