Miso Braised Short Ribs
This week on Dinner with Akshay, Chef Akshay teaches us how to make Miso Braised Short Ribs. There is nothing better or more comforting than the smell of braised meat in the fall and winter. These tender braised short ribs, with the traditional Japanese seasoning Miso, will leave you wanting more. Scroll down for the tasty recipe and if you have any questions or feedback, visit our Facebook or Instagram pages to leave a comment.
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 4 hours | Serves: 4
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
8 pieces of short ribs (bone-in)
2 whole onions (finely diced)
6 stalks of celery (finely diced)
1 whole carrot (finely diced)
3 pieces of garlic
4 stalks of rosemary
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 ltr. of red wine
4 ltrs. of beef stock
1 tbs. of miso paste
HOW TO PREPARE (FIND A STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO DEMONSTRATION ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS):
- 1. Lightly season short ribs with salt and pepper and sear all sides in a hot cast iron pan.
- 2. Lay the meat in a roasting pan.
- 3. Reduce the red wine, add the beef stock and boil for 5 minutes, and then turn off the gas.
- 4. Add miso paste and whisk to dissolve and set aside.
- 5. Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and rosemary on top of the short ribs.
- 6. Pour the hot liquid over the short ribs, cover with parchment paper, and cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- 7. Bake in the oven for 3.5 hours at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8. Pull out of the oven after 3 hours and let it rest. Ensure the meat is falling off the bone.