Herb & Mustard Grilled Lamb Chops with Tomato, Cucumber & Fennel Salad
Is it just us or was that the shortest Spring ever?? Well good news, grilling season has arrived that much sooner and Chef Akshay has a lamb recipe that’s perfect for your first time firing up the grill. We’re talking tasty chops with a flavourful marinade, served with a fresh salad- all made with locally-sourced ingredients to support nearby vendors. Scroll down for the full recipe and if you have any questions or feedback, visit the Facebook or Instagram posts (@onekingwest) to leave a comment! #StayHomeWithOneKingWest
Serves 2 | Prep Time: 20 minutes, 30 minutes for marination | Total Time: 60 minutes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 rack of lamb (6-7 chops), Frenched and portioned
4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 whole Red Finger Hot Chilli
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp. rosemary, finely chopped
1 tbsp. thyme, finely chopped
1 tbsp. Italian parsley, finely chopped
Zest of 2 lemons
Juice of 1 lemon, divided
1 tbsp. grainy mustard
1 yellow tomato
1 red tomato
1 baby cucumber
½ of a fennel bulb
¼ cup fennel fronds
5 basil leaves, torn
Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO PREPARE (CLICK HERE TO FIND A STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO DEMONSTRATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA):
- 1. Clean and portion lamb chops. For the marinade, combine olive oil, red finger hot chilli, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, lemon zest and half of the lemon juice in a Vitamix or blender, and blend to get a coarse texture.
- 2. In a bowl, rub the lamb chops with 1 tbsp. of grainy mustard and the marinade. Marinate for 30 mins.
- 3. Cut tomatoes into wedges and/or slices. Shave fennel and cucumber on a mandolin slicer, or slice thinly manually. Clean and wash fennel fronds.
- 4. Combine the tomatoes into one bowl with the basil and toss in 1 tbsp. of olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Combine the fennel, fennel fronds and sliced cucumbers in a bowl. Add some olive oil and 2 tsp. lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 6. Grill the lamb chops each side on a hot grill for 2-3 mins approximately. Cook to your desired doneness. Be sure to rest the meat when it comes of the grill.
- 7. To serve, lay the marinated tomatoes on a plate and beside it lay the fennel, fronds and cucumbers and Lamb chops.
Top Tip: The lamb can be topped with homemade Ramp & Sundried Tomato Pesto. Visit our IGTV here to find step-by-step instructions on how to make it!